Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can Your Favorite Yankee Candle Change Your Appearance?

Driving to work yesterday, I heard the DJ ask the morning's trivia question: According to new research, wearing what can make a Woman appear 10 pounds lighter to Men? The typical responses like "something black" came through rather quickly but the true answer remained elusive until the DJ hinted that it was nothing that could be seen. The invisible slimming devise, it seems, is the right scent! Arriving at work, I searched the Internet for the source of this question and found that according to research conducted at the Smell & Taste Treatment & Research Foundation women who wear spicy floral fragrances appear 5-12 pounds thinner to men. What was really intriguing to me is that on average the men rated the woman wearing the scent as 4-5 pounds under her actual weight, but the men who found the scent pleasing dropped her weight to 12 pounds less! To me it shows that being around a scent you like - or even love! - makes a world of difference!

In a similar study by the same foundation, certain citrus scents were found to leave the impression that the person wearing the aroma was up to 6 years younger! I think I've found another reason to surround myself with my new favorite fragrance, Pink Sands™: a "
mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla".

Enhance your lifestyle by surrounding yourself with favorite scents from The Yankee Candle Company, available at all Yankee Candle Company retail stores, on our website, and at gift and home stores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment