Friday, June 11, 2010

Make a Change With a Jar of Change

An e-mail that we received this week was really thought-provoking. The message was sent from Diane, a person who has been using Yankee® candles for years but has had difficulty finding ways to re-use her empty jars. That is, until she read a book called Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. Mr. Wright’s book relates a tradition of collecting a year’s worth of spare change in an empty jar and then anonymously gifting it to someone in need. Diane was inspired by this book and found that large Yankee Candle jars are the perfect vessel to collect the spare change. She began giving away jars of change last year and plans to continue to do so in the years ahead. Diane hopes that these anonymous jars of change will change a person’s life. In reading Diane’s message, I too was inspired. I plan to start my own jar of change and with it I hope to teach my daughter the great gift found in giving to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment