Friday, May 7, 2010

Got a Case of Mom-nesia? Light a Yankee Candle® Fresh Cut Roses Candle!

Whenever I have one of those forgetful moments – where did I put my keys? why did I walk in this room? what’s her name again? – I think of my friend Heather and the clever word she uses. Heather calls it “Mom-nesia”, that case of temporary amnesia that seems to befall mothers of all ages. There’s so much on our minds that something is bound to leak out!

Well, I’ve just stumbled on a report that’s made my day a whole lot better. According to a report in the Science Journal, the scent of roses can help us learn and remember! The key is to smell roses while learning something and then smell the same scent while sleeping. Doing so locks in or reinforces memory and learning. Now I know that if I burn a Fresh Cut Roses candle as I’m updating my calendar and then fall asleep while that scent is still lingering in the air, I’ll remember where I’m supposed to be the next day.

If I can only figure out how to get some sleep …

No comments:

Post a Comment